Simply Ghee - A Better Butter - 5.3 oz (150g)
A golden treasure from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, being shared by our friends at Simply Ghee.
"Here at Simply Ghee getting a little healthier is why we’ve begun handcrafting it. Made in small batches during seasons where the grass is the greenest and chocked full of vitamins and nutrients for those herds of grass-fed cows in Lancaster County-PA, provides the best ghee for you and your family."
Making ghee is a simple process requiring your undivided attention. One must be in the moment when making ghee. If you cook it a few seconds too long it will burn; take it off the burner too soon and you get “clarified butter” which still contains some proteins and sugars. It makes everything taste exceptional by enhancing the natural flavors of whatever you’re preparing. Ghee is definitely a better butter and it’s good for you!
"What is Ghee?
Simply defined, it is the purified essence of butter!
Through a gentle heating of the butter, the removal of lactose(sugars) and caseins(proteins) takes place leaving behind pure, golden oil called ghee, glorious ghee.
Many tout the benefits of ghee in a daily diet.
Here are just a few reasons why you might try ghee.
- Aroma of ghee is undeniably delicious! Who doesn’t like the smell of freshly baked croissants?
- A very high smoking point which means it doesn’t burn or smoke like other oils.
- Perfect “oil” to harmonize with herbs and spices and adds a richness to many dishes.
- Stores beautifully – in or out of the fridge. Do store in a dark place and keep lid on tightly.
- Aids in digestion. Simply add one teaspoon of ghee to breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Super for your skin – use as a facial moisturizer or as an eye cream at night.
- Want to “get to sleep”? Rub a small dollop of ghee on your temples before retiring.
- If you’re lactose intolerant you can have ghee – the lactose has been removed but please do check with your doctor first.
The Natural Health Advocates is pleased to offer this wonderful artisan dairy product from our home turf in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Enjoy in good health!